Carol M. Patin, M.D.
Quota International of Baton Rouge
Nominee for: International Vice President
Future Vision for Quota:
My vision includes securing Quota as one of the world’s most recognized service institutions by securing business acumen that assures compliance with established regulations, increasing outreach by encouraging interactions with other organizations and broadening membership prerequisite to be more inclusive; all for Quota to increase community service for perpetuity.
Experience Within Quota:
Professional Background & Experience:
- Club offices: board member, 2nd V. president, 1st V. president and president
- Club committees: Hospitality, Fundraising, Membership, Service
- District/Regional office: Lieutenant Governor, Regional Director
- Recognition: Club-Volunteer of the Year, Wanda Frey Joiner Leadership Award, Louise Cloud Fellowship Award, Frances Landry Service Award and District- District Star Award
- Presentations: Convention: Hawaii on membership, Cincinnati on fellowship
- Participation: International’s Flag Ceremony twice
Practicing Obstetrician and Gynecologist for 20 years, the practice’s corporate structure was so successful that my participation was requested in a teaching video for physicians on how to run the business of medicine. I started a practice management company, helping physicians start and run successful businesses.
As the fourth female and first African American president of the Capital Area Medical Society (founded in 1876), I have initiated programs that increase physician access in the community.
Non-Quota Activities & Awards:
: APGO, American Academy of Family Physicians- Recognition for Excellence in Teaching, Louisiana Area Health Education Centers-Training of Physicians for Medical Shortage Areas, Louisiana State University Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology- Student Teaching Award, Baton Rouge General Family Medicine Residency-Community Physician of the Year.
: YMCA Board of Directors, Consumers Research Council of America-Top Physician, US Federal Court of Louisiana-Excellence in Medicine, Volunteer Activist 2015.